Finally I got my rear end in gear and finished my living room curtains. They turned out wonderfully. I am glad I went with the dark fabric, they were almost going to be cream.
To help keep the cold out I even lined them. My husband was impressed with my mad sewing skills. I was pretty surprised that they turned out as well as they did too. Usually I start a project with grand plans and it never turns out how I envisioned.
Next up are matching curtains for the dining room sliding doors. Right now we are using a blanket and clothespins. Not pretty, but it works.
My plan is to make a curtain tutorial if anyone is interested. These were super easy and cheap to make, and they hang really nice.