Time for day two of Soup Week!
This is one of my all-time favorite soups. Maybe even one of my favorite meals. We had it a couple days ago with home canned ground beef and beans... yummy! It's so easy and quick to put together. Serve with some fried tortillas and you are set.
Refried Bean Soup
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers, chopped (I usually don't add these)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the onion and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large stock pot and add the chopped vegetables, cooking until soft.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and refried beans with the garlic, spices, and mix well.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the seasonings (To make it A LOT spicier, add more cayenne and some green chilies to the mix.).