Day 6 Soup Week
It's amazing! Not the soup (although it is pretty darn amazing), but the fact that I remembered to take a picture.
We had this tonight to ward of the chill from a frosty day, and the kids LOVED it. Pretty impressive since they don't like beans.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil till chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, chilies and seasonings and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
- Serve immediately.