I found several recipes that looked promising, but either called for corn syrup or didn't clump. I like clusters in my cereal. I finally just made up my own recipe.
Granola Cereal1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
8 cups oatmeal
5 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbs. honey
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or almonds are good)
dried fruit (optional)
1) Combine water and brown sugar in small sauce pan. Heat on stove until sugar is dissolved.
2) To sugar mix, add vanilla and salt. Mix well.
3) In a separate bowl, combine oatmeal, nuts, and dried fruit
4) Add sugar mix to oatmeal and mix well.
5) Add honey.
6) Spread on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Spread thickly, this will help it to clump.
7) Bake for 45 minutes at 275 degrees.
8) Allow to cool completely before you remove from pan.
This recipe is a good base. I would like to try almond flavoring instead of vanilla, or add a little cinnamon. Play around with it until you find something your family loves.