About a month ago, we decided that we HAD to start actually doing something with the pasture instead of just talking about it. Nathan had tilled it up last fall, so that was one less job we had to do.
We started by cleaning out behind and inside the barn, and using the manure spreader to fertilize the soil.
We found a local supplier for our seed. After talking with them about our needs and location, we decided to go with alfalfa, brome, crested wheat, intermediate wheat and oats.
The first couple weeks after it was planted, it was really dry. I was starting to get worried that maybe we had just wasted money on seed. Then came the rain...
This past week has been extremely rainy. I am NOT complaining. The above picture was taken yesterday. Today it's even greener. I wish it was about 20 degrees warmer. My tomatoes are getting too big to be under the lights. I don't dare plant them however, we are supposed to be getting snow this weekend.